Let us also remember that is a Daily Rosary recommendation, and they are:
* Sunday - Glorious Mysteries
* Monday – Joyful Mysteries
* Tuesday – Sorrowful Mysteries
* Wednesday – Glorious Mysteries
* Thursday – Joyful Mysteries or the “Luminous Mysteries” Rosarium Virginis Mariae
* Friday – Sorrowful Mysteries
* Saturday – Glorious Mysteries
1. The Annunciation – The first Joyful Mystery reflects the beginning of the path to our salvation as the Angel Gabriel visits Mary and hails her as one who is full of grace. This alone should boggle the mind of any Christian that closely studies holy scripture as she alone among all who were visited by angels was actually “hailed” and recognized that she was full of grace since the Lord was with her. She was then told by the Angel Gabriel that she would conceive in her womb by being overshadowed by the Holy Ghost. She was accounted with mighty and unswerving faith with her “Fiat” or as we know understand it, “May it be done unto me according to thy word”. And with that, the Incarnation of our Lord was to commence and she then became the mother of Life incarnate! When we pray meditating on this Mystery, we ask for the spiritual fruit of Humility as Our Lady is the model of humilty that we should all aspire to imitate.
2. The Visitation - This Mystery relates to the moment in Our Lady's life on earth when she came to visit her cousin Elizabeth, who was six months pregnant with St. John the Baptist. Scripture tells us that at the sound of Mary's voice, the baby in Elizabeth's womb leaped for joy. This scriptures first recording of Our Lady's intercession where God blessed Elizabeth and her unborn baby through Mary! While we meditate on this sacred moment, we also pray for the spiritual fruit of Charity and love for ones neighbor.
3. The Nativity - What else brings greater joy than a baby born?! Especially if that baby just so happens to be Our Lord Jesus. This Mystery of all is the most precious and amazing as the
eternal God emptied Himself and took the form of a slave being made in the likeness of men. Also miraculously, Our Lady’s virginity was preserved during His birth as revealed by divine revelation and solemn declaration by Holy Mother Church. When we pray and give thanks with due reverence on this Mystery we also ask piously to be gifted with the spiritual fruit of poverty and love of God. In asking for the spiritual fruit of poverty we are asking God through Our Lady's intercession a profound satisfaction in His will whatever we have or do not have as well as a love for those who not only financially destitute but also of little or no faith.
4. The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple - In this Joyful St. Joesph and Mary take the infant Jesus to the Temple to be circumcised according to the covenant God made with Abraham. But there was a holy man named Simeon who the Holy Ghost filled and through him blessed the parents “And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother: Behold this child is set for the fall and for the resurrection of many in Israel and for a sign which shall be contradicted. And thy own soul a sword shall pierce, that, out of many hearts thoughts may be revealed.” - Luke 2:34. Once again, scripture reveals how Our Lady will intercede for us all for the glory of her Son and Lord Jesus! It is the spiritual fruit of Perseverance we pray for in meditating on this holy Mystery.
5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple - In this sacred Mystery we find that the Holy Family was on the way back from Jerusalem when St. Joseph and Mary discovered the child Jesus was not with them! They searched 3 days and nights for Him with much sorrowing. But on the 3rd day, they were overjoyed to find Jesus in the Temple listening to the teachers and answering with great wisdom. This mystery foreshadows the 3 days sorrow of Christ's death and joy of His resurrection on the 3rd day! Therefore meditating on this Mystery we hope to obtain the spiritual fruit of zeal for God.